Day 9 – Apia, Western Samoa

Friday 15th April – We arrived early in Apia. A crew member needed urgent medical attention; he had an internal haemorrhage, so the Captain increased speed.

We were doing a Princess tour so we had breakfast and headed to the assigned meeting place. With no prior organising we just happened met up with Ross and Lesley and once again spent a lovely day with them. The tour took us around the island coast and through the centre to a waterfall lookout and then on to Tafa Tafa Beach. The scenery along the way was beautiful. At the beach we had fruit refreshments and then swam and snorkelled for the next hour and a half. The water was warm and the coral not so interesting. It was a good tour til it was time to go home, we had to endure the long trip back. It took an hour and forty minutes and as we were behind 3 other buses the diesel fumes were a bit much to take. I used my hat to filter the air I was breathing, no way was anyone closing any windows, as the temp was 34C.

Back on board the ship and hunger had set in, so we made a quick visit to our room to drop of our gear, and I decided I needed to give my face a wipe over. The white flannel turned a horrid colour by the time I had finished; I looked at it in horror before realising that it was the diesel (soot) that had caused it. After another go at it just to be sure I it was tanning happening on my face not dirt, we headed to Horizon Court for a feed.

A shower and a sleep was the next order of the day, with us waking with just enough time to get ready for Dinner. We set sail after Dinner had begun. Tonight was our first Production Show, 'Shimmy' which any one who has sailed with Princess in the last few years would have seen. It is still good to watch as each time it is a different cast.

Off to bed now it is another port day tomorrow. Pago Pago, American Samoa. We have nothing planned here so we will play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment