Day 20 – Sea Day


Tuesday 26th April – at Sea
The CCers met again today to welcome those that joined us in Honolulu, it was a well attended Meet and Greet,

Today I thought I would try and fill you in on some of the ship rumours, gossip and perhaps some factual stuff that may be of interest.

Let's start with happy hour, fact, it is called Power Hours. From 8 pm til close you can get all these at all bars for $3.99.
Cocktails     Pina Colada
                   Singapore Sling
                        Long Island Ice Tea
Beer            Dos Equis (also called XX)
                   Becks


I heard a story about a lady who had breakfast deliveredto the cabin; her husband was out and about, so when she was finished she put the tray out side the door. The door slammed shut behind her; she was in her nightie and no card to get back in. She asked a passing passenger to call her cabin steward, but he did not answer. Another Steward finally came to her aid. I will refrain from mentioning names but it was NOT me, or Barbara but it was someone from our table.

 
People have been put off for fighting, probably Laundry rage, but hey doesn't that rumour go round every cruise. I have no first hand knowledge of this.

Someone was hurt on a Princess shore excursion. This is fact, I met the woman in the Laundry, and she has a badly broken arm from falling off a bicycle in Tonga. Poor husband had the bags packed and was on shore when she was returned to the ship with only 5 mins to spare, some US military guys had helped her to the hospital and rushed her through so she could continue the cruise.

Make friends with the Head Waiter (White coat), it can get you some preferential treatment. Again fact, Tony and our head waiter banter each night, so when Tony complained that they do not offer as many soufflés as they have on other cruises he promised to speak to the chef after Easter. Two nights later, before Easter our table was served Anti Pesto the the Head Waiter personally and at dessert time out came Chocolate soufflés for just our table. I don't like them; so I gave mine to a guy who sits nearby who had seen them arrive only to be told it was a special order and not available. Lucky us hey!!







1 comment:

  1. pick me pick me ... I know who it was that got caught in her nightie... from my knowledge .. it is lucky she had any on LOL....

    ReplyDelete