Phu My - Saigon

Friday 9th March 2012

Once again we went on a Cruise Critic organized trip. 41 of us today, with I think it was 5 who we left in Saigon to catch a plane to Cambodia for a 2 nighter to see Angkor Wat.
Cannot say I enjoyed the day. It was not the tour content really, but the long trip into Saigon I feel needs to broken up with a stop for a snack. You cannot take food from the ship on these tours and having to wait for a lunch break is not good for my head. I ended up with a headache. The return trip I dozed a lot because of the medication I had to take.
We visited a Temple, the Reunification Building, and then we saw a water puppet show which was probably the highlight of the day for me. We drove through the city and had the important landmarks pointed out to us. We did stop at the Post Office which is a beautiful building, but did not have enough time to even get a stamp.
We stopped for lunch and shopping before starting our return 2+hour trip at 2.30pm.

A quiet moment in the traffic.

The puppeteers




No comments:

Post a Comment